Confined Spaces – Safe Entry and Escape BA
This one day course is predominantly intended for practical users who need to enter spaces which are substantially enclosed and where there is a potentially hazardous working environment. It would also benefit Managers, Supervisors, top man / Stand by man, Engineers, etc. (who may have need to control work in these locations). All delegates should be physically fit, as an entry exercise will be carried out.
This course is designed to ensure that delegates who need to enter such workplaces understand the requirements of the law, the need for risk assessments and safe systems of work and how to apply these practically. This includes competent use of the appropriate equipment, to enable entry to be made safely.
Duration of course
This is a one day course consisting of practical and theory activities.
- What is a Confined Space and what are the hazards?
- Legal requirements
- Top man/Standby Man responsibilities
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Equipment required to enter a Confined Space
- The purpose and use of Escape Breathing Apparatus
- The use of ropes and Safety Harnesses
- The purpose and use of Tripods and Man Riding Winches
- Personal Protective Equipment and Hygiene
- Examination, Testing and Maintenance of Equipment
Candidate must be clean shaven. All delegates must be fit and healthy and will be required to complete a medical declaration prior to the start of the course.
The certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
On successful completion of the practical exercise and the multi-choice assessment sheet, a Confined Spaces photo ID Card and certificate giving details of the course and the date attended will be issued.
A maximum of 10 students can be accommodated on this course and there is no age barrier.