Part 1 – Introduction
- The Directors (the directors) of Abacus Training Centre Ltd (the company) are fully committed to operating in compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), which came into force on the 1st March 2000 and also the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (the regulations), which came into force on 25th May 2018.
- The Centre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should learners be asked to provide certain information, which can be used to identify individuals; be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
1.4 Personal data is defined as, data relating to a living individual, who can be identified from that data.
1.5 The directors understand their obligation to register with the Information Commissioners Office and act as “data controllers” on behalf of the company. The company is registered with the ICO under registration number ZA208479 and is aware of its responsibilities to renew its registration annually.
1.6 The data controllers undertake to oversee the work of the company’s data processors, including the directors, employees, contractors and agents working on behalf of the company.
Part 2 – Collection and use of data/information
2.1 The company reserves the right to collect the following information to transact business with its client or their employees:
- Name, address and employer details,
- Contact information including phone numbers and email addresses,
- Date of birth, addresses and contract information
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- Other information relevant to training, professional registration and qualifications
2.2 Any information collected will be used in line with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
2.3 This information is used to better understand your training needs and enable the company to provide you with a better service. In particular the data is used for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Production and dispatch of training certificates.
- We would like to send reminders to notify you when your training certificate is due to expire.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new courses, which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided to us.
Part 3 – Data Security
3.1 The company are committed to ensuring that your information is stored secure.
3.2 In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, the company have put in place robust physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Part 4 – Cookies
4.1 A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
4.2 Cookies allow web applications to respond to your needs to tailor its operations to match your likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
4.3 The company’s website uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used, as this helps to analyse data about web page traffic, which is used to improve the website and tailor it to meet customers’ needs.
4.4 This information is only uses for statistical analysis purposes and the data is then removed from the system.
4.5 Cookies enable the company to monitor which pages customers find useful and which they do not so that better information can be provided, but a cookie does not give any access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
4.6 You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer, but this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Part 5 – Links to other websites
5.1 The company website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you use these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website, so we cannot be held responsible for the protection of your data or privacy on any other website.
5.2 Other sites are not governed by this privacy statement, so you are advised to exercise caution and look at the privacy statements applicable to any other websites you access.
Part 6 – Controlling your personal information
6.1 You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to your personal information being used for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time, but you must let us know in writing or by email, if you wish to withdraw your consent or change your preferences.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email the company.
- If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, then please write to or email us as soon as possible.
Part 7 – Contact us.
7.1 You may contact the company using the information provided on the contact us page on the website.